Today’s quote: “Design a life you are inspired to live.”– Annette White
Your Bucket List is personal to you and you can start it at any age. When you use a Bucket List right, it can transform your life.
The John Goddard Story:
One of the most famous examples of a Bucket List is the story of John Goddard. When he was fifteen, John overheard his grandmother say, “If only I had done that when I was young…”
Determined not to make that statement at the end of his own life, John sat down (at age fifteen) and wrote 127 goals for his life.
• He spent six hours writing his list.
• He named ten rivers he wanted to explore and seventeen mountains he wanted to climb.
• He set goals of becoming an Eagle Scout, a world traveller and a pilot.
• Also in his list were to ride a horse in the Rose Bowl Parade, dive in a submarine, retrace the travels of Marco Polo, read the Bible from cover to cover,
• He wanted to learn to play the flute and violin, marry and have children (he had six), pursue a medical career, and serve as a missionary for his church.
By the age of forty-seven, John Goddard accomplished 103 out of his 127 original goals! If you would like to see a copy of John Goddard’s original ‘Bucket List then visit his website at www.johngoddard.info
John’s amazing accomplishment’s all started with his Bucket List:
What can you learn from John Goddard’s Bucket List example to make your own life exciting, memorable and a heck of a lot of fun?
Firstly, all the items on his Bucket List were extremely important to him. Secondly, he had a lot of items on his list and he continually added new ones on a regular basis. Thirdly, John set priorities and regularly took action on some of the things on his list.
When you have a big Bucket List you can’t do everything on it at once. You need to start somewhere.
Take 10 minutes and write down 10 exciting things you’d like to be, do and have in your own life.
Add 10 more items each day for the next 10 days and you now have 100 things on your bucket list. Take action every day on one thing on your bucket list and your life will be transformed.